You have a unique domain for your eCommerce store. Now, when you want to manage your eCommerce store on Kwikcart, the first thing you need to do is integrate your domain with the platform by using the Domain Integration functionality of Kwikcart.
Now, this can get a bit confusing. However, this tutorial will explain everything in detail to help you integrate your domain quickly and easily.
How to Integrate Domain with Your Kwikcart Dashboard?
1. On your Kwikcart Dashboard, find the “Domains” tab and click on the “Domain Integration” option.
2. You will be redirected to a page showing you options to configure with your domain service provider.
Presently, Kwikcart offers integration with three domain services providers -
Important Note: While you can see the Cloudflare options, you cannot directly configure it as you can do with GoDaddy and Dynadot. The integration for Cloudflare is different and the same is explained in the latter part of this article.
For now, the steps explained below are for GoDaddy and Dynadot. We’re taking GoDaddy as an example here.
3. Click on the “Configure” button below the “GoDaddy” option.
4. You’ll be directed to a page where you need to fill in details like domain name, API key, secret key, and the status of the domain (whether active or inactive).
5. After this, click on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all! Your domain will get integrated with Kwikcart and you’ll be able to see the “Connected” status of the domain as shown below.
Once you’ve integrated the domain to your Kwikcart account, you can add more domains to it. Let’s see the steps for the same.
How to Add a Domain on Kwikcart?
1. Go to the “Add Domain” option in the “Domains” tab.
2. You’ll be redirected to the “Add New Domain” page. On this page, you can select the domain registrar like GoDaddy or Dynadot from the list of options.
Let’s choose GoDaddy for this article.
3. After that, select the account that you integrated using the domain integration functionality.
4. Next, select a domain that you want to add from the list of options available.
5. Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button.
The domain will be added to your Kwikcart account and all the related entries for emails and DNS will be updated directly on your GoDaddy account.
Note: You can add as many domains as you want for a single domain account using these steps, based on your account plan.
What If You Have a Domain Name From a Registrar Other than GoDaddy or Dynadot?
Suppose you have a domain name from a different registrar. You’ll need an alternative in this case. Well, you have two other options. You can either choose Cloudflare if that’s your domain name provider. Alternatively, you can choose to add a domain manually.
Let’s have a look at both options.
Choosing Cloudflare as a Domain Name Registrar
1. Point your domain name server to your Cloudflare account.
2. Now, select domain integration as Cloudflare and click on “Configure” to integrate your Cloudflare account with Kwikcart. It will look like this once integrated.
3. Go back to the “Add Domain” option and select “Cloudflare” in the Domain Registrar Name option.
4. Next, select a CloudFlare account that you had integrated earlier by pointing it to the server. For this, simply click on the “Fetch A/c” button and select the Cloudflare account.
5. Finally, enter a domain name for which you had pointed the name server to Cloudflare and click on the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all! Your Cloudflare account will be added and the details like email and DNS will directly get updated in the Cloudflare account for that particular domain.
Adding a Domain Name Manually
If your domain name registrar is different than all the three options available, then you will have to add a domain manually. Here are the steps for the same-
1. Choose the “Manual” option in the “Domain Registrar” column under the “Add Domain” option in the “Domains” tab on the Kwikcart dashboard.
2. You will find the IP address that you will have to update under the DNS settings in your Domain Registrar account.
Update these DNS settings and once done, simply enter the Domain Name and finally click on the save changes button.
That’s all! The domain will be updated on your Kwikcart account.
How to Check the DNS Entry and Emails for Added Domains?
1. Go to the “All Domains” section in the Kwikcart dashboard.
2. You’ll be redirected to a page containing the list of all domains. Simply click on the “View” button for any domain to view all the domain details.
3. Once you click that button, you’ll be redirected to a page as shown below where you can see the details of the domain added.
Other Important Notes for Domains Section on Kwikcart
In addition to allowing you to view the domain details, the “All Domain” option also allows you to manage your domains as per your requirements.
You can easily edit the domains by clicking on the “Edit” button.
Once you click on this button, you’ll be redirected to a page where you can edit domain details, email details, pixel settings, Adword tracking, TikTok tracking, and HTML code by choosing different tabs.
You can also specify currencies and logos for the specific email in the domain details section.
Important Note: Once you add a domain to your Kwikcart account, Kwikcart automatically generates SSL certificates and email support for that domain.
That’s all about Domain Integration on Kwikcart.
We hope this article was helpful and now you will be at ease in integrating and managing your domains.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article